Thursday, August 7, 2008

Snowy Egrets On The Beach








I was so blown away by seeing snowy egrets at the beach that I took tons of pictures. (Actually, I hadn't taken my camera to the beach at first because I was afraid of getting it sandy but my sister obligingly drove me back when I beseeched her to do so, saying a shot of a snowy egret on a beach would be something I could frame-- thanks Pitzi).

So now I'm asking for some help from you, my readers. Which shot do you like best (you can refer to them from top to bottom as #1-7)? Thanks for any and all input.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

number 6

Anonymous said...

First choice is #6
Second choice is #4

aunt k said...

I really like #4 because of the shadow-they are all good!

Hermit Thrush said...

Thanks all! I didn't realize that those two stood out so much from the others-- I was kind of partial to #1 myself because I fall into "big is better" and that is the best close up shot. But I don't like the feel of it because it just looks like the bird wants to get away as fast as possible. I think as far as your recommendations go I like the composition of #6 a little better than #4. Thanks again.

eb said...

number 3 - it is very human-like