Saturday, August 30, 2008

Meet Pete-- My Study Companion For The Evening




Dr. Cool is on an overnight shift and I'm home studying with the dogs. Pete is mostly sleeping but when I get up to dance to Dalom Kids and Spash's song "Cellular" he joins me. (C'mon no one else takes study breaks to dance when home alone? I hate hate hate sitting still). He's actually very good company, that Peter.

I think I've always liked this kind of dog. Here I am on the beach in Baddeck, Nova Scotia in the summer of 2002-- long before I was in the veterinary field-- with a little pittie puppy I just picked up:


Kind of looks like Pete, huh, but perhaps with a bit less bulldog in the mix (or whatever it is that makes Peter so monstrously huge).

And yes, I am guilty as charged of selectively editing my past so that it makes for a more cohesive story in the present, but don't all people do that whether or not they are aware of it?

1 comment:

eb said...

looks like Lilo! But apparently bigger