Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mix It Up: Not Your Regular PB&J

Garlic jelly and peanut butter sandwich. Yes, that is what I am eating for lunch. Thanks aunt K for the jelly, it is a treat. I think garlic jelly is really quite fitting as I live next door to the garlic capitol of the world (Gilroy), though this particular garlic was grown in Connecticut, where the jelly was made near my aunt's house.

According to one of the articles I posted on the therapeutic benefits of blogging, you are not supposed to blog about what you are eating for lunch (There's even a book titled "No One Cares What You Had For Lunch"). Oh man, I am in trouble. I have so much fun coming up with wacky sandwiches to keep lunch interesting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is making me gag. Glad you liked it though.

Hermit Thrush said...

You don't know what you are missing. Just kidding. I know my tastes are eclectic. I even loved the garlic ice cream I had at the Gilroy garlic festival a few years back. I am a garlic fanatic I guess.

Erin Brown said...

That sounds amazing. I didn't even know it existed! I am a fool for garlic. I am also a chronic writer and talker about what I had for lunch. Oh well. It's your blog. Write what you want.