Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Meet Marble


This is Marble. She is belongs to J's family and currently resides with J in Seattle, WA. Marble is 19 years old. That means I've known her my whole life, since I was eleven to be precise. I remember Marble hunting in the acres and acres of woods around J's family's house in NC. Marble and their two other cats, Blackberry and Raspberry, were my first lessons in cats catching mice and wildlife. I remember being horrified that these creatures I admired so much were such ruthless killers, and not only that, they played with their prey before they ate it! Growing up can be rough, the world is not always a pretty place. Marble brought back those troubling memories, and many more happy ones of running around in the woods with J, bushwhacking and playing. Sometimes old friends don't just come in human form. These days Marble has an indoor only existence in Seattle (which may partly account for her longevity). I am glad I got a chance to see her again.

No comments: