Thursday, August 14, 2008

Last Night On The East Coast

It is my last night on the East coast. When I board my plane to Seattle tomorrow morning, I will get off in a different world. No longer will I hear the now familiar calls of fish crows, blue jays, grey catbirds, northern cardinals and other Eastern species of birds. It will be strange indeed.

It is not without some sadness that I am leaving. I have been happy this summer, for the most part, and I will not only miss the East coast birds, but also my East coast family and friends. It is hard to believe that by this time tomorrow I will thousands of miles away. Air travel is certainly surreal, as commonplace as it has become....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But you will hear the western scrub-jay!
And you will get to hug two brown tabbies.