Wednesday, August 13, 2008

HT Artwork





While I was at my mom's house I took the opportunity to photograph some of my artwork that she has displayed. The piece at the very top was not meant to be kept; I was practicing using to learn spray paint and layering pieces on top of each other for the background of another piece that I wanted to do but my mom begged me not to trash the practice piece and ended up hanging it in her den. It has turned out to be a favorite of many people, ironically.

The piece under it is a watercolor that also did not turn out quite how I expected. I spilled something on it so I ended up transitioning the background from dark blue to light blue and adding two upside down flowers. It honestly wasn't creative genius but trying to salvage the piece after I made a mess of it. Still, people tend to like this one too.

The last piece is a pencil drawing of the paper sculpture below (which I made by cutting up some ordinary sheets of paper). It was an art assignment where I had to draw something all white without using any lines, just shading. It wasn't easy.

All three are pieces I did in high school, which is when I was most prodigious in my art production. I'd like to do some more drawing sometime, perhaps even watercolor again...

No comments: