Thursday, August 7, 2008

Burro Bags: Recycling Billboards In Jacksonville, FL


While I was at Shanty Town Pub the other night, my sister, brother-in-law and I made a stop at a store just behind the pub where one of the rival trivia players (the last of the four featured rival trivia players, the skinny guy in the red shirt) showed us his recycled bags. He purchases material from billboards after they have been taken down and turns them into very artistic bags. Although the last thing I need is another bag, it appealed to me so much that I got it (that and I believe in supporting small businesses that are recycling goods that would otherwise go to waste). It is so beautiful that I might just hang it on the wall as a decoration in my room.

So if anyone out there is looking for a shopping bag, bike bag or backpack that is unusual, artistic and environmentally friendly check out Burro Bags website or their online selection. The material that billboards is made out of is not what I expected, it is like a laminated plastic, not canvas, so they should be waterproof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check that out-Not like I need more back either though