Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Perfect Sunday: My Last Day Of Summer Vacation, Spent In Seattle With J


  • Wake up 5 am and write for several hours (no alarm, I was just wide awake)
  • Talk to my father, who has just arrived back in the country, by cell phone
  • Breakfast of crepes with jam and bananas, cooked by J while I was on the phone, yum!
  • Go with J to Capitol Hill farmer's market (where I saw adorable boxer puppy above)
  • Leftovers lunch
  • Swimming in Lake Washington at Madison Beach in choppy open water to help prepare J for her triathlon next weekend (it's been awhile since I have swum in open water, I had water up my nose and must have swallowed a gallon of it!)
  • Pick blackberries at Madrona Beach
  • Go for jog down into forest, run up steep hill to Louisa Boren Lookout
  • Dinner of farmer's market salad and watermelon from Mt. Rainier (I obligingly ate half of our watermelon-- lovingly dubbed "Sweet Sugar Baby" as I held it the whole trip back from Mt. Rainier-- since there was no room in the fridge for the whole thing)
  • Drink delicious sake (Fudo Myoo Ginjo Nigori Genshu Sake, bought by J in OR, it is a rare cloudy sake), wonder why we are tipsy, read label and see sake is 18% alcohol
  • Sit around talking, drive to airport to pick up friend at close to midnight
And when will I be getting up in the morning? Oh, around 5:30 am again. Yeah, I must be nuts. But it was the perfect end to my travels, thank you J!

1 comment:

aunt k said...

definitely a summer to remember (what an adorable pup)!