Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing (This One's For You, C-- and you too L Since They Are Your Favorite Bird)

This guy (actually unknown sex but probably male) was a recapture. S/he made my heart go pitter patter with her/his good looks. I like corvids a great deal, but not nearly as much as my friend C, whose first name stands for Corvid (just kidding). It was pretty cool. (I still miss the scrub jays in California though, they are the bad asses of the corvid family. Though my friend L claims the blue jays are actually more insolent than the scrub jays, I think the scrub jays take first place when it comes to sounding perpetually pissed off.)






And for all of you who have been wanting to see a photo of Hermit Thrush herself, here you go.

(taken down)

I'll probably take it down after a day. I attribute my willingness to post a photo to my drinking wine and eating chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies when I should already be in bed since I have to get up in six hours (9 pm to 3 am-- crap). Kind of strange as I don't usually drink but after such a long day and hard run I needed something to knock me out and I didn't think chamomile tea would quite cut it.

No comments: