Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mix It Up: Not The Same Old Sandwich Day After Day

This morning I finally cracked open my new jar of jalapeño peach jam and my new jar of crunchy, unsalted raw almond butter. It's time to mix things up. Gone are the days of sunflower seed butter and strawberry jam, at least temporarily.

Yes, I am proud of my creativeness in sandwich making. It might not seem like much to the rest of you, but with my food preparation abilities, anything new counts as an accomplishment.

And for my aunt, who says she wouldn't try jalapeño peach jam if I paid her, it is quite hot but oh my, yum. Hot is good. Yeah, I like to keep it interesting.

For those of you interested in nutrition, I was surprised to see that almond butter has half the saturated fat of sunflower seed butter. 2 Tbsp of almond butter only has 1g of saturated fat whereas 2 Tbsp of sunflower seed butter has 2g of saturated fat. I also find it more flavorful than the sunflower seed butter. Next up, cashew and macademia nut butter. That's when I finish the current jar of almond butter. I like to plan ahead.


No comments: