Saturday, May 17, 2008

Going Out-- More Ani Music References

I went out the night before last and had a fantastic time. I'm enjoying myself in this new city, strange as it is, and me not being a city girl at all. Every time I enter a room full of people, I have this strange confidence, I hear a voice inside of me saying these Ani Difranco lyrics from "In or Out":

their eyes are all asking
are you in or are you out
and I think, oh man,
what is this about?
tonight you can't put me
up on any shelf
cause i came here alone
and i'm gonna leave by myself

I think my sense of confidence comes from knowing deep down that I am going to leave by myself (those last two lines might as well be my summer anthem). I'm not looking for anyone, no one can claim me as theirs, I am all my own, so I walk in all smiles and grins because I'm so free and no one can take that from me.

No comments: