Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More Bird Dreams

Last night I dreamt I was back in Jug Bay, listening to the yellow billed cuckoos calling all around me. And then we caught one. Its bill and tail were enormous. My boss says they look much more prehistoric than the pileateds. They are the only other bird in this area that I am truly dying to see. So much so that I am dreaming about them now instead of the pileateds. Yeah, right. Dream on. But we have yet to catch one this year and it is likely someone on our twelve person crew will at some point this summer...

My dreaming was interrupted by loud music blaring from a van outside my open window at 2 am, just one hour before Eagle Eye's alarm was set to go off. We're trying to sleep without air conditioning, just with the fan and the windows open, but the noise off the street wakes me up a lot of nights. Today I am exhausted. I think I got about two or three hours of sleep last night, and maybe five or six the night before. This schedule is grueling for sure. All I want to do is sit and write mindless blog posts but I need to get in a swim and maybe a run. Sigh.

No comments: