Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Funny Moment

Tonight I went out with Eagle Eyes and two of my other roommates and co-workers, Mississippi Kite and Crested Caracara (he's the one who was with me the day I caught the pileated and I've dubbed him Crested Caracara because his next field job involves observing these birds). Of all of us, I think Crested Caracara is the most quintessential biologist.

Conversation when we passed an ice cream store:

Crested Caracara (deadpan, completely serious): "I like the large ungulate ice creams."

Me (very confused): "Large ungulate???"

Eagle Eyes (with a duh intonation): "You know-- caramel caribou, moose tracks..."

Sometimes I feel pretty slow with this crowd. Duh. (I mean, I've had some pretty weird ice creams in my day-- garlic ice cream in Gilroy, CA and I'm the type of person who likes that, but I was thinking, I've never heard of buffalo flavored ice cream?)

No comments: