Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mix It Up: More On Sandwich Making

I've moved on to an entirely new kind of sandwich. I finished my almond butter and switched to cashew butter. Not quite as flavorful but just as filling. I also finished my peach jalapeño jam and moved on to some banana butter jam from the Durham, NC farmer's market. But having a banana every day and banana butter jam seemed kind of boring so yesterday I cracked open the Habañero jelly, which I was told was the hottest of the bunch. Holy cow! It is awesome. My mouth burned for minutes afterwards, in fact for most of the ride home from Baltimore.

When I was in Hull, N and T humored my repeated requests to visit a farmer's market and I got to see the small farmer's market there (but unfortunately not the larger one in Quincy which is on Thursdays). There I picked up some apple ginger jam. I think I could quite happily eat variations on PB&J for lunch every day for years. There are so many different possible combinations. Yum!

No comments: