Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fortune Cookie

I got my first fortune cookie of the summer at the restaurant Char Koon in Glastonbury this weekend:

"Sometimes travel to new places leads to great transformations."

It couldn't be more apt-- I have gained so much confidence this summer, it's like I have finally come out of my shell. And of course, this experience has only made me want to travel more. While I love California more than anywhere I have ever lived before, I am ready to leave if my career takes me elsewhere. There's a lot else out there to explore, and even though I have no intention of settling in a city permanently, I enjoyed my summer in DC and would live in a city again in the future for a short time.

I'm excited about the upcoming adventures in my life instead of feeling nervous or apprehensive. I think this summer was just the beginning of my travels, not the end.

No comments: