Monday, June 30, 2008

Blogging Hiatus

I have some very dear readers (especially those of you who read me daily). Actually, you are a very quiet folk, as I get almost no comments (I've thought about offering a free dinner at a nice restaurant to whoever makes the most comments this summer, but didn't feel bribery would make it genuine and might change the feel of the blog so I didn't... so don't try it now).

I just wanted to let everyone know I will sadly be writing a little less for the next week or two. I have some writing that I need to do privately to sort out some things that have been weighing on my mind. Also, getting up at 3 am every morning to mist net, followed by tree climbing expeditions and swimming or running leaves a girl just plain exhausted.

There isn't much interesting to report. For those who have known me a long time and are stunned by my recent interest in food I actually cooked potatoes and swiss chard tonight (thanks to NY for trying out the recipe the first time and to my dad for his encouragement and reassuring me that cooking greens is ridiculously easy). It's challenging to cook in a house with six people, but I am definitely learning from watching my vegetarian boss and what others do.

Music wise, I've heard Kanye West's "Stronger" twice in the past twenty-four hours: That that don't kill me can only make me stronger. I know it's a cliche, but it is fitting for me right now and the song has a great beat so it's a bit of an anthem for the moment. ('Cause this is Louis Vuitton dime night/So we gon' do everything that Kan like/Heard they'd do anything for a Klondike...) I'm also listening to Wyclef Jean's "Welcome to Haiti: Creole 101" thanks to NY. So far I haven't made it past the first two songs, they are that good. So there.

I am super excited about my trip this weekend to Boston and Cape Cod with my aunt N and her wife T, with an overnight stop in Connecticut to celebrate the birthday of my awesome aunt K, finishing with lunch in New York city with the city girl herself, NY, and one of her friends I've been dying to meet. It's going to be another whirlwind weekend, and only my second visit to New York city in my entire life!

I'll try to post a picture or brief update every few days but please don't worry if I'm quieter than usual. I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I am more shocked by the fact that you are listening to music now more than you trying new foods!

Anonymous said...

Btw, seems like I am in the lead for dinner at this point...which means you will have to come visit me.