Thursday, June 19, 2008

Social Butterfly: Who Me?

Eagle Eyes called me a social butterfly today. That is the second time in two weeks I've heard that phrase used to describe me. She was telling her boo that I was going out tonight to a singles event but I'm not really single. I had to laugh overhearing this. Yes, for all of my friends who write to ask why I am not updating my blog more and if I am dating someone, I am seeing someone. And no, that is not the reason I am not updating my blog more. First, I've been trying to do some work after taking off two days for the wedding. Second, I left my power cord in NC so I haven't been able to charge my computer in a few days.

I went shopping for clothes today, something I usually dread. But if you're going to be a social butterfly then you need a wardrobe, right? Sadly, I did not get anything. I think you could have made a comedy skit out of Eagle Eyes and I in H&M and then Macy's. She was incredibly patient and good natured about the debacle. I am not a shopper. I have no fashion sense. These things I freely admit. Even if I'm going to be a social butterfly, I think I will stick to thrift stores and hand-me-downs, shopping is just not my thing.

No comments: