Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday: The Good and The Bad

The best thing about it being Friday: I get to see my Friday night crew at work, though admittedly dwindling-- now just me, Muscles and Self-Sustainable Nurse. Thank goodness for them, they keep me sane by making me laugh the entire shift.

The other good thing about Friday: Only two days till the farmers' market, which is the other highlight of my weekend.

The bad thing about this Friday: I have a genetics exam Monday that I am fairly unprepared for and I don't plan to spend much time inside on a beautiful weekend like this. Grades, shmrades. I'm aching for some sunshine and long runs. Plus I've got Self-Sustainable Nurse Jr's birthday party to attend tomorrow. Apparently I will be manning the hot glue gun to prevent the kids from burning themselves. There will be six 4 year olds. I don't know any other details. Like what they will be doing with the hot glue gun????? Hey, in my book any excuse to spend time on a South county ranch is a good one...

Maybe getting outside will make me feel less blah. I was feeling so happy earlier in the week thanks to an awesome experience at work. Now that feeling is gone. Hence the lack of recent blog posts.

The question of the moment-- what to eat for lunch? I have an artichoke steaming, Swiss chard sauteeing, and I just munched on some fresh greens with lots of arugla (yay spicy greens). I think I will make my special yellow cauliflower later after my run. And there is also a yam to finish off, as well as my winter squash from earlier. Love those farmers' markets. Yum. And I'll top it off with a bit of sturgeon or goat's cheese. (Hmm... I wonder what goodies Self-Sustainable Nurse will bring in to work tonight-- I can't wait till spring so I can have fresh goat's milk again and goat milk tapioca pudding... in the meantime I think it is mainly eggs...)

No comments: