Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Have Been Looking Forward To This Weekend Since August.... Nearly There

Ever since I noticed that Edie Carey was playing in San Francisco and that it coincided with the deadline for my applications, I have been looking forward to this weekend as an endpoint of sorts and also a reward. The light at the end of the tunnel. Something fun to keep me motivated in the bleak days of application drudgery.

Today I took the last of my three midterms. The weekend is around the corner. I'm excited, but also exhausted.

Here's my jam packed schedule:

Friday: Leave genetics section around 1:30. Head home for a swim. Then to San Francisco. Hit the SF MOMA to see the Chinese modern art exhibit. Picnic dinner in Dolores park. Edie Carey at Dolores Park Cafe.

Saturday: 7:30 am meet in Campbell for a birding trip to Stinson beach, Bolinas lagoon and Hawk hill (all in Marin). Saturday night possible release at wildlife center.

Sunday: Volunteer at private fundraising event for Wildlife Conservation Network in Los Altos.

Work is desperate for me to pick up a Friday and Saturday night shift but I don't see how I can fit it in. I have to sleep sometime. And I am going to have fun before it is back to the grindstone. (Not that I didn't have fun last weekend swimming every night, running into LaMexicana at the pool, and doing dinner with T, but it was a more subdued weekend than this one promises to be).

3 comments:

aunt k said...

have fun!

Jess said...

sleep sometime. good luck on your final. one week left.

Hermit Thrush said...

Actually, I've been getting 8 hours of sleep every night and swimming for an hour every day so I'm pretty happy with that. But you're right that I'm definitely going to burn the candle at both ends this weekend. It's too irresistible-- sleep or do everything I want to do? I can't always be balanced, sometimes I have to cut loose and just have fun!