Monday, October 27, 2008

Someone Stole My No On Prop 8 Sign!!!

I am really mad, upset and bewildered. Someone stole my No On Prop 8 sign off of Dr. Cool's lawn. It is in a very nice strategic intersection by a church and their preschool.

I haven't stolen any signs because I believe in FREE SPEECH.

This election is more and more upsetting every day.

My friend L says that it just "reveals how ugly some people can be." And I could have lived quite happily without knowing that.

Meanwhile, the entire Bay area is out of signs for the moment, so there isn't even any way to replace it. Really, really crappy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The truth is people on both sides of the issues do this kind of stuff. I would just shrug it off

Hermit Thrush said...

You are right and I think it is ridiculous on both sides. It is juvenile, petty, illegal, and violates the right to free speech. We are all adults here and free to express our opinions.

Plus, it wouldn't matter so much if more signs were available, but they're not as of yet so it really hurts my right to free speech.

Also, for the record while I am on this rant: I object to the local media selectively spotlighting the Yes On 8 proponents who have been targeted by vandalism. Seems very one-sided and biased.