Friday, October 17, 2008

Undercover Diva


This is Dr. Chief-of-Staff's dog, Diva. Like Frida (Not Kahlo), she was a rescue who came in with a broken radius/ulna that her owners could not afford to fix. She was one of the first little dogs that I ever really liked, and she has helped open my eyes to the charms of little dogs (Dr. Chief-of-Staff says that, like me, she was exclusively a big dog person until she met Diva).

I love this photo because Diva's look seems to be saying, "You woke me up just to take a photograph? Seriously?!"

Also, I like it because it reminds me of Simon, who also loves to burrow under the covers, and who I have nearly sat on so many times when I sat down on my bed because I didn't notice the small lump of Simon under the covers.

(If you are wondering, I snapped this shot in the doctor's office. The last three shifts that I have worked I have been Dr. Chief-of-Staff's personal tech so I have spent a lot of time traipsing in and back from the floor to the doctor's office with updates, questions, lab results etc).

No comments: