Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Saga Of The No On Prop 8 Signs Continues

So I was mistaken yesterday. The sign I had up was not stolen, but rather taken down and placed under a tree in the yard by someone. Dr Cool found it and put it back up this afternoon, then left. A few minutes later I went on an hour run in Quicksilver park. When I came back someone had taken the plastic sheet part of the sign, just leaving the metal frame behind. This time it was gone for good. I was only away for one hour. The sign wasn't even back up for a full hour and someone took it down again!!! Even the usually unflappable Dr Cool found this rather appalling.

So this evening I went to the No On 8 campaign headquarters and picked up some more signs. I didn't put them out because I can't leave them out overnight. In fact, I might have to sit outside and study next to the sign tomorrow because apparently I need to babysit it like a newborn to ensure it doesn't get stolen.

I'm kind of bummed because the new signs don't say Equality For All. They just say Unfair And Wrong. In red no less whereas the old sign was in blue and green. It's too strident for me. I wish someone hadn't taken my old sign.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Can you put them in the windows of the office or someplace like that? You can duct tape one to your butt when you go on runs!!

Erin Brown said...

I'm appalled! I'll be crossing my fingers about this...

Anonymous said...

In light of your sign being stolen, I decided to experiment. I got a no on 8 sign and I put it out on a very busy street with a sign on the sign that says "I don't take down your signs, please don't take down mine" and so far nobody has removed it. So I thought that if it worked in conservative Riverside, that maybe it might work up there....