Monday, September 15, 2008

My Room Is Full Of Naked Women And I Love It (Ok, Ok, I Should Clarify-- Full Of Paintings Of Naked Women)


I haven't updated on how my room is coming along in awhile. I've been back in San Jose almost a month now, and the decorations have changed a bit. The painting I bought in NC this summer has arrived and I also received a truly lovely painting as a gift from Monkeybutt. This means that when I enter the room the first thing I see is two nude women. Makes me smile. And I love good artwork.


Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a really good shot of Kathryn DeMarco's painting "Sour Grapes" due to the lighting. But I am working on it. For the record, the only reason her painting is not hanging over my head is that it is much heavier than Monkeybutt's angel and in an earthquake I would rather have an angel fall on me:)


The room has gotten a bit messier as you can see. This is what is on the floor:


Actually the slight clutter doesn't bother me. These three books represent my three passions-- wild birds, particularly those in California (and especially the yellow billed magpie, which is featured on the cover); my personal growth and development (achieved with the help of a wise teacher, my friends and lots of reading on the topic, such as this The Art of Loving book that I took from my grandmother's possessions after she died last winter); and finally, medicine, represented by the rather plain Review of Medical Physiology.

Of course, as usual, I only made the bed for the photos. This is what it looks like the rest of the time:

2 comments:

aunt k said...

great pictures (um-of the cats) and oh yes, the art work too!

Anonymous said...

The cats look good. I like your art work too.