Friday, September 19, 2008

I Am Famous Thanks To The Author Of The New Tied Down Life

Read all about it here. It does chafe a bit to be called the most traditional of the bunch, but I'm glad to be included in a group of people that is "approaching their lives in wonderful experimental ways." It feels good that my writing may in some small way influence others to re-examine how they live and whether it is consistent with their values, perhaps even to consider a more simple way of life.

I really admire the author of this blog. What she is attempting-- bringing her lifestyle more into line with her values-- is challenging for anyone. That is thinking about it at all with a newborn son is awesome. My friends constantly amaze me.

As far as I can tell, no one has actually mentioned The Simple Living Guide by Janet Luhrs. It is a book that very much influenced my thinking and helped get me started on my journey. I know the author of TNTDL is aware of this book as her mom is part of a simple living group. For those of you that are curious about what the rest of us are talking about with living creatively in step with what we think is important and not just blindly going through the motions of a consumerist culture, check it out.

2 comments:

eb said...

wow, I can make people famous?!?

Kerry said...

Yeah, Elaine is making me feel famous too. That's one of the reasons she rocks... that, and I get to love on Ian... the ideal younger man.