Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Picture Perfect Pacific Coast Trail Run On Angel Island


Above: I'm jubilant that I reached the summit on Angel Island without walking at all-- though I did jog in place for a few photo opportunities.

This morning I ran a 16 kilometer Pacific Coast trail run on Angel Island. It was what my Aunt K would call a "sparkling day."

The views were absolutely stunning-- all three bridges and San Francisco.

Below are some views of Tiburon in the foreground and Mill valley in the background:



And here is a view of Alcatraz in the foreground with San Francisco in the background, and below a photo of me with my BerekelyRunningPartner and the Golden Gate bridge behind us:



And then some more of me-- me in the morning, on the ferry in Tiburon, leaving for Angel Island. Me on the run with Tiburon and Mill valley behind me. Me and BerkeleyRunningPartner stretching out after the run:




This is one of those days when I feel lucky to be alive and immensely grateful to be healthy and able to enjoy running. The views were heartbreakingly beautiful and the good cheer of the other runners bouyed my spirits when I was tired. I'm grateful to have all these photos to remember them by.

1 comment:

aunt k said...

Gorgeous pictures, good for u! and you look truly fantastic!