Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Come Back, My Readers, I'll Try Anew

So I've gotten several concerned emails about my lack of posts. I am alive and well, thank you :)
I'm still busy settling into my new place. And though I have been writing (those of you who know me well know that writing is a bit of a compulsion for me), it has been too private to post publicly.

Now that I am so far behind a synopsis of the past few weeks seems overwhelming. I may tackle that when I am more rested and have more time. Today I will just give you a brief history of my day.

I woke up early and sat through four hours of calculus class. It was not the most interesting part of my day because I have already had calclulus with a fabulous teacher, back in high school (and why am I taking it again? long story!). Then I went to the saltwater pool in Menlo Park (a gem of a find) and swam 160 plus laps in the unheated, outdoor pool (water temp in the high '60s, brisk but pleasantly cool and not frigid).

Though I have been rather dismayed by the amount of stuff I have accumulated in the last four months that I am forced to confront in the process of moving, I have continued to purchase things. Tidbits: I finally caved and bought a hat, since I didn't own one, something my running partner in Berkeley found hard to believe (we'll call her LongDistanceRunnerMom). I also bought my first purse (in a thrift store for $4).

Weirdest thing that I moved: a 12 pound butternut squash that was in my closet that I plan to turn into soup sometime this week. I got it at a bargain at closing at the farmers' market awhile back.

I want to publicly thank Sunshine for her help with my move. She is a good friend. It is the first move I have done in years where I had someone to help me. Also another kind nurse (who I think of as StableSaneNurse) helped me move my bed.

I will try to keep up with this a bit more, though forgive me, the last two weeks there have only been two nights where I have gotten more than four hours of sleep.

One last update: I got on the list for the second lesbian speed dating event in San Francisco this Thursday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

aunt k said...

U know I wish u luck! Love K