Friday, December 12, 2008

Next Wednesday December 17th

Next Wednesday will be the first night in two weeks that I am not either studying for or taking an exam. To celebrate I can pick from the following social gatherings occurring that night:

1. Lesbian speed dating event in San Francisco
2. Holiday party at a private house on the peninsula by Peninsula Women's Group (ie lesbians)
3. A dinner at Blowfish at Santana row in San Jose with co-workers including several very sweet and funny gay men, Slow Feet and MonkeyButt.

And I will be at.... yes, you guessed correctly if you guessed an Orthodox Jewish wedding. Actually I am very much looking forward to it but do somewhat regret that it coincides with the other three events.

And on Thursday Dec 18th I had to choose between a lesbian party thrown by Curves in San Francisco and my company's holiday party. I chose the emergency hospital holiday party, which consists of a dinner followed by a night of improv at a comedy club in downtown San Jose.

That makes two nights in a row that I chose to not participate in the events of the queer community. Sigh. I chose my friends instead. And they happen to be straight.

C'est la vie.

3 comments:

eb said...

The whole concept of speed dating is intriguing. I would have voted for that one if you weren't otherwise engaged. And to think that you used to be a housewife . . .

Hermit Thrush said...

I think there will be more lesbian speed dating events in the future. I think it is intriguing too.

Thank goodness I am no longer a housewife, I was thinking just last night as I was falling asleep what a relief it is STILL to me not to have a list of chores to do every day and not to have had to make up a king sized bed in so many years. I hated trying to get the sheets and comforter to lie flat on such a big bed. Much easier to manage a twin bed.

Kerry said...

Lesbian speed dating actually sounds like a lot of fun. My mom wanted me to do the speed dating thing a few years ago. I just can't see myself in that situation... I definitely want to hear more about this.

Have fun.